A quick list of some of our eccentric customers – the harmless ones. According to my husband, if ever anyone could be an authority on recognizing crazy, it’s me.
- The Invisible Woman: Wears so many scarves, hats, coats, and pairs of pants, that you can’t even tell how far in she is. Also a pair of sunglasses. There may, in fact, be no one in there.
- Iron Man: Wears an Iron Man mask the entire time. It’s amazing how unnerving it is when someone wears a mask constantly.
- Conspiracy Woman: Absolutely everyone is out to get her. Make the mistake of talking to her, and you will be treated to a long, long list of how every company, government, and person in the world is trying to harm her.
- Starbucks CEO: I swear, this guy is running his business entirely out of the Starbucks. He brings his laptop, has meetings, networks, etc. Stays for hours at a time.
- Nap Man: Apparently comes to Chapters for the purpose of sleeping. Finds an empty alcove or chair, goes to sleep. Leaves when he wakes up.
- E-Reader Hacker: Resets all the e-readers at the table to factory default. Technically harmless, but makes me completely mental.
- The Price Checkers: An elderly couple who come every day, pretty much. They ask about the prices of the same things, every day. They split up to do this more efficiently. Then have a coffee. Then leave.