I have noticed that after the new patch that was just released, a new issue has been coming up with Kobo Touch when trying to purchase books directly through Wi-fi. This issue happens because many public hotspots require you to connect via a browser before you download. So, here is how to avoid this problem, if you want to purchase books, directly from your Kobo Touch, using Wi-fi:
- From the home screen, touch the drop-down menu at the top (HOME)
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Extras” from the settings screen.
- Select “Launch Browser” from the extras screen.
- You may now see a list of available connections, if your device detects more than one. Select the public network (it will probably have “hotspot” in the name), which won’t have an image of a closed padlock beside it.
- Your Kobo should then show a box asking you to confirm that you want to connect to the hotspot. Agree that you want to connect.
- You should get the browser coming up, and connecting to the Wi-fi site. You should then have a little confirmation box pop up saying that you are connected to the network.
- You can now close the browser, and return to the home screen, where you can access the Kobo store from the drop-down menu.